My friend Kristen tagged me in her blog. It's a Christmas tag! Here are the questions and my answers:
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hmmmm.... hot chocolate
2.Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa is too tired and lazy to wrap by the time he gets to our house. Wrapped presents from the family are under the tree, Santa leaves his presents in front of the fireplace.
3. Colored lights on house/tree or white?
Colored lights inside, white lights outside
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
5. When do you put your decorations up?
The weekend of Thanksgiving
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
Going to see Santa at L.S. Ayres in downtown Indianapolis... they had a little train that the kids rode through a winter wonderland before lining up to see Santa. Very "A Christmas Story"-ish.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I think I was about 8 years old. It was in the summer, and other than that, I don't remember the details much. I think I just asked my mom.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
We used to open our present from my maternal grandma on Christmas Eve
11. Snow. Love it or dread it?
My distaste for snow and all things winter can't be expressed by mere words. Having lived in California for a few years, I can honestly say that the whole four seasons thing is highly overrated.
12. Can you ice skate?
Yes. I like to ice skate. Our neighborhood has a skating pond to discourage us from skating on the lake. Last year the whole family got ice skates for Christmas.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
My favorite gift is getting matched with our new twin daughters a couple of days ago. And maybe the stuffed Lassie dog I got when I was a kid in exchange for not sucking my thumb.
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays to you?
Just being with my family
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
My favorite is peppernut cookies, just because it's a family tradition from my mom's side of the family.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
I don't really have a favorite
17. What tops your Christmas tree?
Pierced brass star. Pretty, but needs polishing
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
Giving... it's a mom thing
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
"O Little Town of Bethlehem" And all the Veggie Tales Christmas songs.
20. Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck?
21. What do you want for Christmas?
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party?
Yes, more than one. Mostly work related.
23. Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear PJ's?
I usually wear a nice holiday outfit to church on Christmas Eve and on Christmas Day, I wear my pajamas all day long. We very rarely go anywhere on Christmas Day, it is just my immediate family.
24. Do you own a Santa hat?
25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with?
For the past ten years, we have gone to my aunt's after church on Christmas Eve and spend Christmas day at home. My aunt died recently, so I'm not sure what we'll be doing.
I'm not going to tag anyone with this, but if you're reading and you want to share a Christmas memory or tradition, that would be lovely. :) I would love to read them in my comments.